2022/2023 PhD Courses
The University of Coimbra has PhD Degree Courses (3rd Cycle) offered by its eight Faculties, the College of Arts and the Institute for Interdisciplinary Research . To facilitate and narrow down your search, please select an image in order to focus on specific themes and find essential information about the courses that open applications, namely the applications calendar, places and seriation criteria.
In order to know all the PhD Courses, click "UC Courses" in the navigation menu at the top of this webpage. On the new webpage you can search, check the details of the study programmes and curricular units, get information about the courses duration and organisation, among other actions.
Conditional admission of an application
Situations in which conditional applications are admitted:
- Applicants that do not have the supporting documents of the required qualifications or other mandatory documents until the end of the application deadline.
- Applicants that are in a position to complete the course before the date expected to publish the final seriation list.
The submission of the conditional application is carried out by indication of the applicant and is done according to the following rules:
- If the application is conditioned due to the absence of a document that is not needed to apply the seriation criteria, the applicant must indicate which document is not submitted. Therefore, the application will be validated and appraised;
- If the application is conditioned due to the absence of a document indispensable to the appraisal and seriation of the application, the applicant must indicate which document is absent and submit a sworn statement mentioning the absent information;
- The non-submission of the sworn statement implies the non-validation of the application;
- If students do not collect the required documents or do not ascertain the completion of the course until the date indicated at InforEstudante, they may carry over their application into the subsequent phase if there is one.
Only the applicants who submit the missing documents within the deadline mentioned at InforEstudante can be included on the final seriation list.
In accordance with no. 6 of article no.62 of the RAUC (Academic Regulation), the UC may accept early proposals of applications to PhD Courses submitted by student-finalists of Master's Degree Courses. The undermentioned PhD courses accept early applications:
- PhD in Physics Engineering
- PhD in Physics
- PhD in Economics
- Doctoral Programme in Governance, Knowledge and Innovation
- PhD in Sociology
For further information about this issue, please contact us by means of the online form Formulário@Académicos.